Thursday 24 February 2011

International Debt for North America (Discussion)

Back again with another post! This post is going to be a 'discussion' like post, where the readers (like you!) can post your opinions in the comments. Today's topic is going to be regarding North American debt. How do you feel, knowing that the U.S. owes other countries around the world $14.1 trillion? Canada isn't doing so well, either. Us Canadians owe $560 million. That's $16.5k per person!

How do YOU feel about this? Now's your time to be heard by others. Speak your mind!

Canada debt clock: http://www.debtclock.ca/
U.S. debt clock: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

10 comments:

Josh Jackson said...

I never knew Canada was in so much debt either, and I live here. Pure craziness..

Anonymous said...

Feels awful, especially in my situation where I have no income. Unemployment is garbage in California. :<

Fighter said...

It's really so big but USA is rich at all so You haven't to worry;)

T3CH said...

Wow ... I hope they'll manage to repay that debt somehow.

Rondariel said...

Shocking amount of debt. Most other western countries aren't looking much better.

Marcus Silva said...

I just get depressed.

Joefiss said...

Interesting, just read that the netherlands make about $600,000,000 in cannabis taxes and the projected number for USA was closer to 700,000,000

Jblogger said...

i didnt know canada had that much

HillDog said...

Yup. I have no clue how were are gonna get out. I suppose we could just ignore china...

Colin said...

Canada's debt is no where near as close as the US fortunately. But I gotta agree with Joefiss. Taxing cannabis would a great way to help combat this.